To LOVE-RU OVA 01-06

31 July, 2011 (09:52) | To Love Ru | By: jama

Here it is, a complete batch of To LOVE-Ru’s OVA. We had already released three episodes in the past, but the ones in this batch got a complete workover.

This is a special release in many ways. From the technical perspective, it features 10 bit encodes (that means you need CCCP from July 30th or later installed for this to work or one of the latest mplayer 2 builds respectively) and editions (which I have talked about in an earlier post). Sorry, permalinks on this site are kinda broken right now, will fix it asap. Permalinks fixed, comments work again.

Anyway, editions are something really nice. You get to pick whether you want to watch To LOVE-RU OVA with our hardsubbed OP/ED, softsubbed or none at all. Episode 3 also has a special ending.

Thanks to editions it’s even possible to watch all 6 episodes in one file (see [Yabai]_To_LOVE-Ru_OVA_-_Play_All_Episodes_[BE53C26D].mkv). I suggest you just experiment a bit and you should get the hang of it fast.

So, this marks the end of another project we’ve been working on since forever. What’s next, you may ask. To be honest, we’re not so sure ourselves. Maybe that promised S&W2 batch, maybe some secret project. But for now, here’s the TLR you’ve been yearning for. Enjoy!

Torrent: [Yabai]_To_LOVE-Ru_OVA_[DVD_10bit]

IRC: #yabai@irc.rizon.net

Direct Download: [Yabai]_To_LOVE-Ru_OVA_[DVD_10bit]

Scripts: http://yabai.loginto.me/kaio-ken/Yabai/

Update:

Now we have batch for the series too: [Yabai]_To_LOVE-Ru_01-26_[DVD]

As pointed out in the comments, we might rework the series later. But not this year. Don’t wait–the releases in this batch are absolutely fine!

Comments

Comment from zed
Time July 31, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Many thanks :)

Comment from alamarco
Time July 31, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Thanks for the release, you guys are awesome. :D

Comment from A
Time August 1, 2011 at 1:32 am

Tnx. How bout the TLR batch with fixes?

Comment from Voyeur.
Time August 1, 2011 at 3:05 am

( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ )

<3 Thanks!

Comment from F00
Time August 1, 2011 at 4:27 am

Yes, TLR batch with fixes please :D . . . And please ‘normal’ (8bit) version for series . . . Also is it possible 8bit version for OVA ? ? ?

Comment from jama
Time August 1, 2011 at 4:28 am

No more 8bit releases from now on. Just update to the latest CCCP/mplayer2 and the video play back will be fine.

Comment from Geese1
Time August 1, 2011 at 4:40 am

Thanks for the release!

Comment from muroph
Time August 1, 2011 at 9:54 pm

thanks!
but i couldn’t get these 10-bit encodes to work in avisynth… :(
gonna rip the scripts and mux them with an 8-bit encode.

Comment from A
Time August 1, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Will there still be a batch with fixes for TLR? Come on it isn’t mentioned anywhere and the comments in the last updates are gone.

Comment from Anon
Time August 2, 2011 at 4:07 pm

@ muroph – if you haven’t noticed they will release the scripts soon.

I for one rather the 10 bit encodes – same quality at lower size is always a plus in my dictionary. In other words get a better PC and it’s not hard to update your CCCP:p

Thanks alot guys for the release

Comment from jama
Time August 3, 2011 at 10:19 am

There will probably be a batch, we’re just not sure how much effort we will put into it (e.g. redo in 10bit?). Don’t count on it being released this year. Just get the 8bit releases ;)

Comment from Shawn263241
Time August 3, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Really? >_> You guys were supposed to have it done months ago, and now your saying that it may take until next year?? You could probably get it done by the end of this month if you really put some effort into it. I don’t care about 10bit, just do the full v2 batch that was promised, and then do whatever you want. Just, please, don’t make us wait much longer.

Comment from muroph
Time August 3, 2011 at 10:31 pm

@ Anon
i know they’ll release the scripts, but since i had already downloaded the full torrent i just had to demux them. ;)
also, i can watch the files perfectly (using k-lite, BTW).
but i always convert all anime eps to a smaller size and lower bitrate before archiving|burning them.
and with the 10-bit eps all i get is a gray image or a HUGE loss in quality after reencoding.

Comment from jama
Time August 4, 2011 at 3:22 am

Shawn: Stop panicking, our TLR releases are absolutely fine. Go watch, you won’t miss out on anything. Also, you’re kinda underestimating how much effort it is to redo a 26 ep series (especially if you have lost some of the working files for 1-11 like in our case).

Comment from Shawn263241
Time August 4, 2011 at 8:02 am

I was just really looking forward to that batch, lol. I didn’t want to torrent a bunch of old links, and I know that at least some revision is needed, like with all other things. But, I suppose I might as well cut my losses and torrent it now. >_>
Good luck getting those files back, and encoding it to 10bit, if you decide to do that.

Comment from Kiriya Nozomi
Time August 6, 2011 at 12:57 pm

So, I guess those of us with no money and a P4, 1.8GHz are shit outta luck until we get better computers? Cheers, mate…..

Comment from jama
Time August 6, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Try the latest CCCP. This isn’t HD content, even my old laptop from 2003 (Pentium M 1.4 GHz, 512MB RAM) could play them smoothly at ~80% cpu workload. If your PC can’t, try reinstalling CCCP. If that doesn’t help, maybe it’s time to reinstall Windows. If that doesn’t help, you could wait for an update on CoreAVC with 10bit support (which would lessen the workload by about 30%). But yeah, I’d still suggest getting a new PC soon. :)

Comment from sgfgfd
Time August 7, 2011 at 3:34 am

“I’d still suggest getting a new PC soon.”
Who doesn’t dream of having a HTPC with a fan which is as loud as a jet-engine?
Also, GPU-assisted decoding was so convenient, convenience is for n00bs! Let’s break hardware-compatibility and thus DXVA/VDPAU! Yay!

Comment from nyuu
Time August 7, 2011 at 3:38 am

As long as the hardware-players (as the Xtreamer I use) don’t update their firmware (if anyway), we’re out of luck whith those 10-bit encodes I suppose.

Comment from Fruit
Time August 7, 2011 at 11:59 am

@Kiriya Nozomi

The decoding cpu usage of High 10 profile H.264 indeed isn’t that high with 720×480 video. However, some tips if you find you are on the edge: use overlay renderer (or VMR7 windowed if it works well) in mpc-hc – these two have low cpu usage (unlike haali, evr, vmr9 and the renderless variants). If you are using mplayer or vlc, use directx (-vo directx) output on windows or xvideo (-vo xv) on linux.

In the openings and endings, karaoke might lag, making the video unplayable – that happens on my 1.8ghz K7 and 2.0GHz K8 even with 8bit. Using mplayer/vlc might help with that, because their subtitle rendering is much faster. If you only have trouble in OP/ED, you can disable subs there…

Comment from L
Time August 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm

can you guys tell me what is the font that you used for this release? thanks

Comment from .tomi
Time August 15, 2011 at 12:18 pm

@Kiriya Nozomi
`mplayer -vfm ffmpeg -lavdopts=fast=1:skiploopfilter=all`
If that doesn’t help you can skip some frames (`-lavdopts skipframe=nonref`)
If that doesn’t help then, well, you won’t watch that file, I guess. Re-encode or something.

Comment from Marek
Time September 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I can’t believe I missed the release of this… Oh, well, since I only upgraded to 10bit capability for out Towa no Quon BD release, probably wouldn’t have watched it earlier anyway.

So, any chance to see you do the 2nd season as well?

Comment from Walid
Time September 26, 2011 at 1:43 am

is it just my imagination, but it seems that i can’t access the ddl? Always return 404 Error Code

Comment from Gucio
Time October 13, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Thanks for Lala, any news about re-release batch of Spice & Wolf?

Comment from Reply-kun
Time November 20, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Still holding on for BD’s to watch this. Is there a planned BD release of the 1st season anytime soon?

Write a comment